The 残疾人服务 Office welcomes you to Oklahoma Baptist University. Our office seeks to provide access to all academic and social opportunities at OBU for qualified students with documented disabilities, through reasonable accommodations. The office will work with staff, 教师, 和管理员 to ensure that the needs of students are met. The 残疾人服务 Office is located in the Geiger Center 101 and can be reached by phone at 405.585.5285 or 405.585.5250.
Oklahoma Baptist University complies with the Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 which prohibits discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability. OBU will take necessary steps to ensure that no student with a disability is denied the benefits of or excluded from an educational opportunity or activity based on being a student with a disability. 此外, OBU will take steps to ensure that no student with a disability is subject to discrimination.
It is the student's responsibility to self-identify and inform the office of accommodation needs. All accommodations requests are the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to submit documentation for review as soon as possible to ensure completion in a timely manner.
OBU is prepared to provide accommodations for students with disabilities as required by law and recognizes that the responsibility is shared among staff, 教师, 和管理员. The 残疾人服务 Office serves a wide range of students with documented disabilities including, but not limited to:
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychiatric Disabilities
- Mobility Impairments
- Sensory Impairments
Reasonable accommodations are individualized and based on the documented impact of the student's disability. Accommodations will create equal access without fundamentally altering the academic programs. Accommodations include, but are not limited to:
- Extending time on exams
- Exams in distraction reduced environment
- Note-takers, readers and scribes
- Student must self-identify and complete the 进气形式 in a timely manner with the 残疾人服务 Office, GC 101.
- Submit disability documentation.
- Meet with the Director of International Students and 残疾人服务 to discuss reasonable accommodations.
- Come to GC 101 to a sign notification letter each semester.
- Discuss all reasonable and approved accommodations with professors.
- Schedule exams throughout the semester with the Testing Coordinator located in Mabee Learning Center.
- Notify the Director of International Students and 残疾人服务 or your professor if you have any concerns, problems or additional requests.
Director of International Students and 残疾人服务